Saturday, May 1, 2010

project gone haywire!




Last week I got a new case for my Motorola Droid. It is pretty awesome in all of it's hot pink goodness but I thought it needed a little more, ya know? Well I broke out the Shiva paintsticks and this awesome robot stencil I had and went to work:







I chose Shiva Paintstiks because they are actually oil based but easy to work with and good for stencils. I thought they would work on my non-porous phone cover. This is what it looked like right after I was done:


Way cool right? I let it dry for 24 hours like the package said. I am not patient but I resisted the urge to touch it! My daughter got a hold of it and smudged it but I was able to easily clean it up with a little olive oil on a fine point q-tip. After it was dry I used a paint pen to outline it in black. This is it after a week of use:



ARG!!!!! does anyone know what would be the best medium to use on my rubbery Droid cover? Help I have an unreasonable desire to make this look like my own but I can't seem to find the follow through! Comment below if you have an idea to make this work. I will try all suggestions and post my updates here!

Oh, FYI the stencil is out of the book Stencil Me In by Marthe Le Van (one of those I had a 40% off coupon but only needed $2 notions so I picked this up lol)

No comments: