2. My Sling. I was given a Maya Wrap for a baby shower present. The friend felt horrible for giving me a "used" gift but it was probably the best thing I received. It happened to be an extra large but that turned out for the best because it allowed extra coverage for nursing, which my younger guy thought should happen 24/7. This was also the only thing that worked for those few months where I had 2 munchkins that couldn't walk.
|creepy how much this kid looks like Linus|
3. The Soother. Find something that moves, lights up, plays music, and most importantly, is portable! Ours has lasted through both kids and two moves. It helped when we transitioned Lilly into her big girl bed. And it is like a trigger that lets them know it is time to sleep. It is also good for when you travel.
4. A really sturdy set of kid-friendly table and chairs. And I mean STURDY! This just seems to keep them better organized sometimes. I got the Mammut collection from Ikea and I am very happy with it.
5. Crayola WASHABLE crayons. Yes, there are two types and washable is the way to go. But these seriously come off of everything. I have also come to love the dry erase crayons as well. I pack those and one of those cheap little board from target for out trips to the grocery store.
7. Those super cheap kiddie pools form wallys world. Yeah they are like 10 bucks a pop so you buy two and fill one with a little sand and the other with water and you have HOURS of play, seriously, hours.
8. Kid's shoes without laces. Does this need an explanation. All I can say is that yes Chuck Taylor's for kids are super cute but really????
9. The Bumbo. Totally my vote for the best new baby "must-have" in the last 5 years. It is easy to clean, helps you get work done, and you can use it as a feeding chair when you go places. Totally worth the money.
10. About 5 different strollers. I am sorry, but there is not one stroller out there that can suit every situation. This is particularly true if you have two young kids. The consignment sales are the absolutely best place to go to find what you need but as of right now we have: A single umbrella ($15 walmart), A full sized Single ($25 consignment), a full sized double ($75 consignment and we have been through 2), and hopefully soon a jogging double. Each one is best for different places and having the right one is the difference between having fun and feeling out-of-control.
Nicole is the winner of the needlebook giveaway. Congrats!