Wednesday, August 4, 2010

A sense of accomplishment

Finally I have started a project and actually finished it. I know, a gold star for me right. It has been hard juggling working extra hours and doing the things a home maker should. I have just a couple of weeks until I am also back to school full time so I feel this rushed push to start a big project before it is too late. I am not working well under this pressure. Last night I finally sat down started a project AND finished it. It was something small but it is done.
I put this adorable little monster on a plain white tee that I had and didn't really like. The monster is clip art from a free digital scrapbooking kit from Craftastical. The direct link to her post with this kit is here. I really love her blog. Here is the basic how-to on this. I sized the clip are to what I wanted and printed it out.
I then traced the image using a light box (a window also works) and these iron transfer pencils:
I have to say Generals Transfer Pencils are easy to work with. This is what I came up with after tracing:



I just put it down on my shirt and hit it with a hot iron. It was easy because the image was pretty much small enough that it would fit under my iron but you might want to think about pinning it down if you will have to move your iron. After it was transferred I just began stitching using 3-ply floss and a hoop. Mostly back stitch, nothing fancy. You can find some good basic instructions here at Sublime Stitching. Anyways, this is a close up of the finished product:
Sorry my pictures have been cruddy. I updated my droid to the new Froyo OS and now my Vignette app is not focusing right. It is my fault for letting hubby install it before Verizon says it is time. I think he has more fun playing with my phone than I have! I leave you with a picture of a little buddy I found outside with the kids this evening.

Hubby wanted to keep him but I resisted. I was sure he would go the same way as the sea monkeys....

3 comments:

Dale said...

Hi Rialeigh,
Thanks for visiting my blog. I found out that registration is open for Art Fest in Port Townsend WA. Michael DeMeng is teaching a couple of classes. Didn't know if you would be interested or not. I'm going to see if there is a way I can get there. I'm lovin' my glasses!
Dale

Anonymous said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave today [05 Aug 11:00am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Kara Henry said...

Hey, Rialeigh, I'm featuring you tomorrow on the blog. I love love love this! It turned out just too cute! I was grinning when you posted it in the link party--it's always amazing to see someone likes your work enough to use it in another project!