Sunday, April 11, 2010

Long time no see...

Yes I know, I have been a very bad blogger. I went back to work full time so I had to drop some of my digital scrapbooking commitments. This does make me sad but I have to admit I am excited to be back in the workforce. Through a series of exciting events (one of which involved shots of Limoncello) I stumbled upon my job as an assistant to an optician. Basically, I now make and sell glasses. It is a great job and I am happy to be there.

On the art front, I am super duper excited because I am doing my very first big-girl art show in a real Museum. On Saturday April, 17th the Fayetteville Museum of Art is doing a fundraiser in the theme of Alice in Wonderland.

The daytime events are all kid friendly and look like a ton of fun. That night there is an adult costume party and that is where local artist with the Feral Arts Collective are being featured. I am excited to be included in this group of funky people. This show is a big step for me. My goal is to prove to myself and other people that the line between crafter and artist can be blurred. This being said I still believe it takes a certain person, talent, and motivation to create art. Why can't someone create art even if they are unable to commit to the lifestyle of being an artist? Well enough on my soapbox, we will just see how the show goes! Here are some preview pics of the pieces I am putting in the show:


I will post a ton of pictures from the event. I am really excited, I just have no idea what to wear....

1 comment:

Mexanese said...

black! black tie black tie then something red thrown in... shit me neither. thanks for the pressure. lol