This is a super girlie skirt for Lillian. The fabric is vintage that I picked up on my trip in Max Meadows, VA. I didn't use a pattern (which yet again I should have) mainly because there really was not much fabric to work with. The skirt is basically two hemmed separate layers with the elastic only going through the inside layer. Here is what worked:
- The waist is exactly the right size and it'll be able to grow with her
- The two layers of skirt make this look way less homemade (or like I was drinking)
- The length is fine now but will be super cute when she sprouts up in a few months
- With all of the layers and the elastic going through just the inside channel (so I could get that extra ruffle) I had a rough time figuring out the order in which everything should have been sewn. Like the side seam, the elastic channel, and the hem. I made a few big oops!
- I did not realize that when this was all ruffled the outside layer would go down like that. I would have sewn the side seam together pressing it down, instead of up, if I had known.
Well we live and we learn! My next project is a little gray suiting dress for me :) I have no idea when that will happen! The biggest project I am working on is Feral Art Live from the Rockshop. That link will send yo to our live feed. It is pretty cool, basically for the next few nights you can watch artists working live on one BIG mural. There are about 20 of us so it is an adventure! I have laid down some plaster, but I think I might put some ink down tonight when I swing by. Tomorrow is probably going to be the evening I get to do the most work. Well enough for now. I will post a few more times this week just to make up for being away for awhile!